Monday, October 6, 2008

Two-wheelin' Leah

Monday night after making a couple of visits for work, I hurried home to get dinner on the table so we could have FHE and get the kids to bed. When I pulled into the garage, there was no sign of Harwood life. I didn't think much about it--I just figured everyone was in the basement or at the neighbors. I just started preparing dinner. After a couple of minutes, I heard a raucous in the garage, so I went to see what it was all about. I opened the door to the scraggly, but ever so cute little face of Leah beaming with the most excited, accomplished expression. "I know how to ride a bike without training wheels. I just kept trying so hard," she said. There in front of me was my barely-turned-three-year-old, excited as ever to finally be joining Ben's bike world. While I was at work, Brent took the kids over to the school to teach Leah how to ride a two-wheeler. He said she picked it up so fast. What an awesome dad to take the time to teach her (when he could have chosen a handful of other things to do), and to also document this momentous occasion. The major challenge at hand is for me to devise a plan to keep tally of both Ben and Leah on wheels. Wish me luck.

13 comments:

sara and wade said...

sweet!!! i LOVE the updates.. and i'm glad that you've taken up the blog... brent was slacking! :) happy days!

Alison said...

I need to have brent come and teach Kyle how to ride a bike. Maybe next spring we will really start working on it. Glad to see all the updates.

Chelsey said...

Good for Leah! That is awesome she can ride a bike without training wheels!

Hillary said...

I am so glad to see you posting. We need to get together again. Good job Leah. Abby and Brinley have just barely shown interest. :)

Genuine Class said...

Holly,

This is Will Neves. Hi. I was wondering if you had your dad's email address? I am writing a paper about Vietnam and was going to ask him some questions. Thanks a lot and sorry about requesting an email this way. Nice blog.

Genuine Class said...

Sorry my email is willneves@gmail.com

thanks again,

Will Neves

Angie said...

Yeah! Nice to see some Little Leah Action!! She is too cute and so spunky. Love it.

emily said...

Holly, I LOVE that you have new posts up!! It was so much fun to see you on Sat. I wish we were closer to you! I love all the pictures of CUTE Ben and Leah.

{Erica} said...

Holly,
Your kids are so big and adorable! It looks like your cute little family is doing well.

Nicole Leifson - Jensen said...

Wow! How are you? I would love to catch up Holly! Hope you are doing great.
Nicole
http://thejensenslovinlifeblog.blogspot.com/

Taylor's said...

Ok Miss Holly where are the Halloween pictures? Get postin!

Patti said...

Hi guys...your kids are beautiful. It looks like you are all doing great. We've lost contact with so many people, I was happy to find you.

Jolisa said...

Holly! I found your blog through Nicole Jensen. I thought I would sneak a peak at your kids. That's what you get for not making your blog private:)
Anyway, it looks like you are doing great-and what cute kids! I miss Spanish Fork a little, mostly the great ward we grew up in.